So my oldest baby started Kindergarten this week. What can I even say about this. I knew this day would come for 5 years but I was not prepared for how Hayden would react. I thought he would be scared and I would have to coax him in. I thought he would be so unsure, that we talked about it all summer. We went to the library got books about starting Kindergarten. We talked about all of the fun things Kindergartners get to do. How special it is to go to Liberty Elementary. We said it is OK to be scared but he would have a blast. Well I think all of the reassurance was for Mom and Dad. We walked him to school the first day and he just smiled and waved bye. I picked him up and he told he his first day was awesome, and he can walk to school by himself tomorrow. I quickly informed him that would not be happening. We were able to walk him to his class for the first week. We did this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday we were going to take him to the end of the hall and let him find his way by himself. But as we were walking to school on Thursday he said he could find it himself, he was a Kindergartner, and didn't need me to get him to class. I choked back my sob since I had not cried to this point because I was so proud of my little man. We get to the school door and I said "OK you sure, I can walk you in." He just hugged and kissed me (at least I still got a kiss) said bye. My face must of showed how scared I was for him. He got to the front door turned to look at me and walked all the way back, and gave me a thumbs up and said "Mom I will be OK, I can do it I'm Big." And off he went. So there I am standing there trying to be so proud of my little man and at the same time trying to hold it together because he didn't need me. As I started my walk home I couldn't hold it in any longer. I started to cry. I cried because I was sad he didn't need me, he was no longer my baby, but most of all how proud I was for him. He is such a wonderful little boy, son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend. I am so excited about this journey in his life. I hope and pray for him every night that he has a wonderful adventurous life. For him to grow up being a wonderful man like his father. I wish him the best this school year.



School supplies

In my class

With Ms Nelson putting things in my locker

Crossing at the crosswalk

About to head out Ava is so excited for him to go to Kindergarten

Lets go now!!!!!!
2 comments:
That makes me sad just reading it! I don't want my baby to grow up!
Those years go by quickly, huh? Too much so! We have two years until kingergarten:( That is two years too soon!!!! You are WAY tougher than me. I would have been crying from the summer on....I'm a HUGE baby! Your lil' kindergarten boy looks adorable:)
Post a Comment