Sunday, January 11, 2009

Craft Projects & A Flood!!!!

OK, all of you have inspired me to start crafting again. The only problem is Mike and I are on a tight budget. So I need to use things I have around the house (or my Mom's house). As most of you know my mom has an enormous craft room which we are so blessed to be able to use. This weekend I headed down there to craft and the kids wanted to spend the night with Mima and Pepa. I think Hayden just wanted the famous Pepa Flapjacks, and lots of ice cream. Thanks Dad, haha.

I wanted to make Ava birthday party hats, but did not want to buy any. Since we are not having a party and just having family over I didn't want to spend too much. So I searched on line and found how to make some from chasincherrios blog. They are pretty easy and the best thing is they cost $0. I had hats from Hayden's party left over and recovered the hats with ribbons, scrapbook paper and trim we had. They are adorable and Mike is amazed at these. Hope you like.

Next on the list was Ava's Valentine day outfit. Betsy made her the cutest overalls for Halloween and I wanted her to have some for Vday. My lovely sister has been saving overalls from Jack and gave me two pairs. These turned out real cute, picture does not do them justice. If you have a chance make sure you check out Betsy's blog, snipssnailsandmommytales.blogspot.com. I have always wanted an apron and my sister again stepped up and taught me to make it. Along with my mom we made the apron and it has a vintage look. It reminds me of something my Grandma Slack would wear.

Last but not least I started to make Sam's bday present. I made him a sippy cup. It has Mickey Mouse with his name. Looks great. Now we need to get him to learn to drink from one. I am also making him something else for his bday hopefully it will turn out great. It has turned out to be a bigger project then I thought. But all is worth it for Sammy.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We all did except for the little mishap at Mima's were my kids almost flooded her entire house. Short story, Hayden wanted to have a little swimming pool inside and proceeded to fill up Mima's bathtub. Then Hayden and Ava wanted all of the toys to go swimming, along with books. And the 20th anniversary Disney World book that can not be replaced. As I come into the bathroom Ava is soaked, the water is to the brim of the tub and they were actually proud of themselves. But kudos to the best grandparents around they did not loose there cool and let me handle the situation. Even though they almost had to have a remodel in the bathroom. Sorry again to my parents and isn't it fun to have grandkids.

Hope you like the projects and I will keep you posted on all the other projects I have been inspired from you in the blog world.








3 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow...everything you made looks awesome! What a successful weekend. Ava and Hayden are lucky to have a mom like you. Those hats are TOO cute. Great idea.

Unknown said...

Love the hats! Love Love Love the overalls!!! And I've done sippy cups like the one you did, but I used fabric and then had the name embroidered...ended up being a little more expensive than I was hoping. Have you ever used scrapbook paper and letters to do them? Just wondering if that would work...

Brittany said...

Everything looks so great and I am glad that Hayden and Ava and (Mima and Pipa's house) are ok!