
Ava went to the ER again this weekend. Only this time it was not for a smashed finger but for a staph infection on her leg. On Thursday she was bite at school by a spider we think. By Friday it was so sensitive to touch and driving her crazy they called me to pick her up. I called the pediatrician and we took her in started on antibiotics and told me the signs to watch for. By Saturday afternoon the spot was much bigger and felt like fire to touch. She also had a fever of 103.4. So we headed off for another ER visit. They planned on admitting her but did a great job of getting her IV antibiotics and lancing her abscess. They let her go home to her own bed and we returned this morning. She is feeling much better but does not like you near her booboo. She is getting back to her old self and is even able to go back to school in a few days. Other then having to pack the wound and change the dressing she is well. I really really hope this is the last of the ER visits for awhile. Poor Ava.

2 comments:
Poor little baby!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she is feeling better soon!
I think you better bring her back, we will take care of her, kids biting and now spiders. Yaks!!!!Give her a big hug and kiss
Post a Comment